Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dropping like files

I've been looking around me as things have been going on the assessment department. So far I think I got the worst of it because it was a month or two later where a fellow referee told me he got wind that the assessors are being told to not necessarily flunk them, but to make the games not rateable. There is a good part of me that would wonder how they can get away with that, but I just was notified by another referee that he had not one, not two, but three, yes three "unratable games." I hope he didn't have to shell $50.00 a pop.

I'm not sure which is worse, being told you failed when they could not truly justify the failure. Or getting 3 unratable matches. They are making it tough so when I get to the clinic I may get a gist of how many referees get either downgraded or a 3rd word on their badge.

I also wonder how many assessors, who are active referees, get a walk because they are assessors? I know the previous year, one didn't, but the assessor didn't know this guy so the politics didn't set in. Instructors are not immune. I know that from one or two referees. Of course you have to watch for ones who are disgruntled Emeritus because of injury. I don't think anyone is safe from those type of assessors.

Then I wonder how many will drop out due to the above mentioned. I will not be surprised if quite a few.

From what I have seen, CNRA and USSF will do whatever the hell they want with little or no consequence. I think if enough of the "little people" speak up, we can get more control of who USSF serves...their members.

No comments:

Post a Comment