Monday, December 21, 2009

A little disappointment

Last year around this time I was getting my outdoor season together for indoor soccer. I was hoping to do the same this year. However, as I am finding out the hard way, nothing always stays the same.

The turn downs were not so bad because I managed to get replacemnts for the first 4 turnbacks. Unfortunatly I have had 4 more turn backs and found out my last turn back was not only going to play for me but play on another team. This was without appology on the mother's part. She was also a good goalkeeper whom I molded for a year on and off.

The reason: So she and her big sister (10 months apart) could play together. Understandable. I may not even have a team so it is rather moot at this point. What gets me is a couple weeks back I was talking to the coach I was working with last year. He was hoping to recruit both sets of sisters even though on half should be playing under 10s and the other under 12s. One set of parents stuck with me. The other didn't.
While the logic is good, I still feel betrayed by at least two people. The parent and the ex co-coach. We may have been working together next season but this changes things.

No comments:

Post a Comment